Photo courtesy of SIO
The UP Alumni Association (UPAA) held the UP Alumni Council with the theme “Harapin ang Bagong Hamon” on June 24, 2011 at Ang Bahay ng Alumni, UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City.
For this year, the UP Alumni Council passed seven resolutions:
1) UPAA to fully support the programs of UP President Alfredo E. Pascual embodied in his speech delivered during the Council’s meeting;
2) The UP website and the UP Alumni Information Management System be redesigned and enhanced to be at par with, or even better, than the benchmarks of the leading universities of the world;
3) An efficient mechanism be established to attract donations and gifts from UP alumni and other benefactors through a system of donor benefits for UP and its programs;
4) UPAA to review its Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws to enhance a greater participation of UP alumni nationally and worldwide;
5) UP System administration to set up a full scale alumni relations office in each constituent university and to strengthen regional alumni activities;
6) UPAA to review previously-approved resolutions and apprise the UP alumni of their status; and
7) UPAA to create a Health and Environment Committee tasked to make alumni and UP students aware of the need to nurture and conserve the planet Earth and nature in order to achieve environmental sustainability.
The panel of discussants/reactors included: Dr. J. Prospero E. de Vera III, vice president for Public Affairs, presented “Communication/Website”; Dr. Ricardo M. Lantican, professor emeritus of UPLB, spoke on “Continuing Engagement of Alumni in University Activities”; Prof. Ma. Victoria R. Costina, UP Baguio director of Office of Public Affairs, discussed “Strengthening of Regional Alumni”; and Mr. Ruben J. Pascual, UPAA assistant secretary, talked about “Endowment Fund.” (Emy S. Mariveles)